Manchester United have been interested in signing Nuno Mendes for some time and the latest reports suggest that the Red Devils have presented a proposal for the youngster.
Earlier this month, The Sun reported that the Old Trafford outfit have made contact with Sporting CP to lure the title winning Seleccao starlet.
Transfer: Man United told £56million would finally get signing done – Report
According to a recent report covered by Correio da Manha (via Sport Witness), on Monday, agent Miguel Pinho had dinner with the 18-year-old left back and he talked about the offers that he has received from top European clubs.
The well-known Portuguese source have mentioned that Man Utd and Man City have made offers for the teenage sensation. The Lions’ president, Frederico Varandas, has made it clear that the prized asset will only be sold if his release clause of 70 million euros is met (£60million).
It is stated that the initial payment will have to be worth 45-50 million euros and the rest can be spread in add-ons and bonuses.
CdM claim that after the end of the Liga Nos campaign, Nuno Mendes met the president, who informed him about the interested parties and said that to convince the suitors, the defender will have to perform well at the European Championships.
The versatile wing-back has already made three appearances for Portugal’s senior national side. He deservedly earned a place in Fernando Santos’ squad for the Euros after consistently performing well to help Sporting CP win the Primeira Liga title, their first since 2002.
Man Utd already have two top left backs in the form of Shaw and Telles, moreover, 20-year-old Williams is the third choice and even he has made 50 senior appearances for the club. Therefore, in all fairness, Ole does not need to strengthen the LB position. What do you think?
Be the first to comment